Friday, March 13, 2015

Sad news

A friend of mine just learned she had an ectopic pregnancy.  She had emergency surgery this week; the baby's heartbeat had already stopped.  She lost a Fallopian tube.  She's in her first year of marriage; they had been hoping for a BFP any day, of course.

So, if you would say a prayer for them, that would be great.  And, I'm afraid with time I've gotten fuzzy on everyone's medical history.  But I know there are some bloggers who've had ectopic pregnancies.  Some of whom went on to deliver healthy babies, yes?  Someone remind me of who that is if you would be so kind.  I'd like to point her to an example of someone who has been through the experience.

(Not that everyone will have a child - you all know my views on that score - but then again you also know my views on the special gift whereby anyone I meet who doesn't already have a diagnosis of infertility when we meet is guaranteed to go in to have children.  No exceptions.)

6 comments:

  1. I will say a prayer for your friend. Sounds scary. I'm sure there were other bloggers who had ectopic pregnancy and went on to have other healthy children. I can't remember who either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry I will pray for them :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a ruptured ectopic of in 2009, I also lost a tube. I had surgery with dr h 9 months before that and he had great hope that we would achieve pg again. After healing and following his protocol, I (miraculously, I think) was able to conceive again and had a successful of and healthy little boy. He is 4. I have actually seen many people with a history of ectopic pg go on to have successful pg, I hope that is the case for your friend. I would recommend having an hsg before ttc again and giving plenty of healing time for mind and body. I waited 5 months to heal, six months of ttc, and I was literally terrified until I saw the baby in my womb. I am so sorry for your friends loss, I will pray for her and her husband. To me the ectopic pg was more difficult because my body was so damaged that it did not allow my very loved babe to live. I strongly recommend her to make sure her other five is healthy with no damage from endo, adhesions, etc before ttc again. You are a good friend, I am sure she us thankful for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get any ectopic blog recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mali at No Kidding in NZ had two ectopic pregnancies before choosing to continue living childfree. She's helped counsel many other ectopic survivors... here's a link to her blog for more info:

    http://nokiddinginnz.blogspot.ca/p/my-story.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad. Praying for them all.

    ReplyDelete