Friday, January 16, 2015

things that make you go...

So I have more blather coming. I need to do all of ONE photo - stupid blogger. Anyway. Before I do that, I had to share this. Today's readings (available here) include the lame man whose friends lowered him through the roof of the house where Jesus was preaching. In the homily, our priest quoted something from St. Peter Chrysologus that blew me away. I thought you might find it interesting, too: "Take up your bed. Carry the very mat that once carried you. Change places, so that what was proof of your sickness may now give testimony to your soundness. Your bed of pain becomes the sign of healing, its very weight the measure of the strength that has been restored to you."

2 comments:

  1. I read today's readings to my husband who is sick with the flu and they really struck us. There is something to be said about the fellowship of men taking their friend to Jesus as well as the fact that Jesus can use our illnesses to prove His glory. I'm looking forward to more of your blathering.

    ReplyDelete