Friday, February 14, 2014

Most romantic way to spend Valentine's Day

Make yourself and your husband each an appointment with your way-too-emotional therapist who's not satisfied unless someone's on his couch crying (can I invoke that rule for my living room?). Fail to notice that either appointment (let alone both) is on Valentine's Day. For maximum impact, make sure the appointments bookend the day. Spend the evening afterward watching a tense movie about mental illness. Get into an argument about whether The Shawshank Redemption is in the top 5 movies ever made (IT ISN'T) and go to bed.

Beat that, Pinterest. You got NOTHIN'.

1 comment:

  1. Oh lordy, I know it's not funny and I shouldn't be laughing, but you do have a way with words. I hope your weekend improved from there...

    ReplyDelete