Monday, November 4, 2013

back in the saddle

Sadly, my DH was in a car accident this morning.  The good news is that it wasn't his fault and he appears to be OK, though we'll see what the doctors say.  (His head hurt, and I imagine he's going to be really sore tomorrow.  But I am hoping for no permanent or serious injuries, obviously.)  The other driver actually hit the driver's door of his car, which is obviously bad, but his Xterra is quite tall and she appears to have been in a Subaru Outback, which is not very tall, so she didn't hit him.  The Xterra is doing poorly, however.  This Xterra:


It no longer looks like that.  Indeed, it no longer really runs.  It probably is a total loss.  I cried when that happened to my Vibe a few years back (why do people want to hit us?  I'm telling you, living in DC is dangerous.  Way too much aggression, and bad drivers), but having a car lay down its poor loyal car life so you can survive a collision is not a bad thing.  I am grateful for the Xterra's good service.  It also hauled what little remained of my mom's furniture home from New York for us.  And it has carried much lumber home from the big orange store for me.  It was a good car. 

You may remember that I recently mentioned I bought the Xterra through craigslist.  I got a really great price, too.  I guess once we find out what the insurance companies say about things, I'll be back to the 'list for another car...probably not what I need to add to my busy schedule as the holidays approach, but if it's necessary, it's necessary.  Wish me luck.  (And say a prayer for my DH, and the driver of the other car.  I hope she's OK, too.) 

3 comments:

  1. Ack- so sorry about the accident- it is so complicated to get everything/everyone fixed/reimbursed/back to normal. Just emailed you our townhouse listing, thanks for passing it along!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your DH is OK! Sorry about your car though, I hope everything is resolved quickly and w/ out complications.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your dh is okay as well. Good luck in finding a new car on C.L.

    ReplyDelete