Friday, September 20, 2013

I will be doing "31 Days"

I think The Nester actually started this a couple of years ago.  And she shares more information about it here.  It's become increasingly popular - in fact, I do believe our own lovely JBTC participated last year (was it 31 Days of Saints?  I am way too lazy to look, obviously).  I haven't participated the last two years, although I did know about it and found it intriguing, because I didn't think I had anything deep and meaningful to talk about, and anything with which I could legitimately generate 31 days of content (other than "31 Medical Procedures I Never Want to Experience Again") was likely to put my shallowness and materialism on display for all the world to see. 

Screw that.  I'm going to write about something I like writing about because I like writing and I like the topic.  If I enjoy reading about it, maybe other people will too.  If they don't, they won't read it.  I can handle that :). 

So, I have chosen my topic:

31 Days of the Magic of Craigslist. 

Because it really is magical, people.  And I rarely get the chance to explore all of its fascinating aspects in the detail I think they deserve.  I will be rectifying that. 

Now, I need a button. 

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your series. I've often wondered about Craigslist but, unfortunately, much of what I've heard hasn't been good. It will nice to hear about it from a better perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, can't wait!!!!!!! Bring it on. My knowledge of Craigslist is pathetic and I am ready to plumb the hidden treasures contained within.

    Unless of course you are being sarcastic and then well, I guess I will continue in my craigslist ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never checked out C.L but I do like to browse grou.pon...I did try to buy a cheap getaway and when i called the resort..they did not have any dates open that would fit my dh and my own schedule....so I got a refund. Boo...I was looking forward to going to that fun resort on the cheap....oh well. I'll be interested in hearing what you have to say about C.L. I'm sure it's good for the unique things you like to buy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was the Nester who started this October 31 "days of your choice" thing. I'm intrigued to see what you will share about Craigslist. Very curious topic and I might ask myself what you would write about for 31 days, but this will only make me tune in!

    Thanks for the advice on the dishwasher. What happened was comical. I thought I bought installation when I purchased the fridge, but I did not. Hubs said: I can handle it. Cue two men huffing and puffing and lost and clueless for two hours, but it is finally in. He did finally admit I should have called back to get it installed. LOL. He just isn't that handy. I could have probably done it myself, but I didn't want the hassle since we were also getting a new fridge and having work done in the backyard all the same day. Anyway, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really looking forward to these posts :). I love craigslist, too! (Now I just hope you weren't kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to living vicariously through your Craigslist finds. Our local Craigslist covers a significant portion of the state, so it makes it less enticing to browse for things knowing most of them are a couple hours' drive. There isn't an Ikea nearby either so the selection isn't always so...modern. My sister used to live in your metro area, and she furnished her entire Pinterest-worthy apartment from Craigslist. I was jealous of her great finds.

    ReplyDelete