Thursday, March 28, 2013

observing Good Friday right

How many of you have a CT scan (with contrast!  I gather that means I consume some sort of toxic substance on an empty stomach before the wanding) scheduled for the morning of Good Friday? 

That's what I thought. 

What better way, really, to start a day of fasting and abstinence? 

In the spirit of the liturgical symbolism of my gynecological adventures, I expect to hear on Easter Sunday that I no longer have any endometriomas (or other endometrial adhesions, although I know you're not supposed to be able to see those on a scan), and never will have any more, and can go off the Depo and get on with my life. 

Have a blessed Triduum, everyone, even if you decide to observe it in some candy-@$$ manner that doesn't involve contrast dye or a paper gown. 

2 comments:

  1. Hope everything goes well with the scan! Happy Triduum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had many CT scans with contrast - thanks to the ol' cancer diagnosis way back when, but never had to go through it on Good Friday. That seems just - not good. But hopefully the results are good!!!

    ReplyDelete