Thursday, August 25, 2011

your awesomeness

This morning I stepped out of the shower, with 20 minutes to check out of my hotel room and meet some colleagues to drive to the airport. I wouldn't usually answer the phone when I was in a hurry, and I never answer 800 numbers, but for some reason I did - towel in hand, dripping all over the carpet. It was my buddy at the VA, who told me that he was waiving all the conditions of the appraisal. Not pending verification that we made all the improvements as soon as we moved in - just waiving them, period.

Now, of course we are going to take good care of this house. Of course we are going to make sure it is in good repair, and make sure there's no water in the basement, and fix all the peeling paint, and resurface the roof, and repaint the eaves before winter. Of course. But, as he pointed out, all the issues identified as conditions were very small things, and the house is substantially sound, and they were saying it was unsafe on account of these little issues! God bless him.

We're not out of the woods yet - we still have more paperwork to do (even before closing), and wretched BoA still has not responded to our request regarding the appraisal price (not even to say no. They just haven't responded, in an entire week. And they know closing was scheduled for tomorrow). So who knows how that will go. But this time yesterday, I thought this deal was all over but the crying. And now it really looks like this could still happen.

(Also, as my DH points out, moving during a hurricane would be other than ideal. So maybe the date change will work out for the best.)

And I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. Even with little things like a house, I'm not that good at praying for myself...maybe I do a little...but I have a hard time believing. And you guys are hoping for me, and invested for me, and praying for me (even though this is just a house, and not the life-and-death situations that affect a lot of the other bloggy ladies), and I can't tell you how grateful I am for that.

8 comments:

  1. I'm still praying for you!!! Just imagine how great it will be to finally get into your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!! That is a step in the right direction. I'll keep praying that this gets resolved soon so you can move in, and unpack, and be home!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its an honor to pray for you! So glad our prayers are working!!! Your prayer buddy must be doing some serious prayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is great news from the VA! definitely keeping you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! I am glad to hear things seem to be on track. But I won't breathe easy until you have moved in (and gotten your wallpaper up ....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I'm just catching up here. What a roller coaster ride! The VA is typically tough on home inspections, etc. but I'm really glad they made the waivers for y'all! Can't wait to hear about you in your new home :). Hoping you don't have to move in this nasty weather this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoopee! Now I have to read up on this place. I wish I could figure out how to contact you, or give you my contact info without outing myself (I have the wierdest name ever)... hmmm. Because I want to trade pics.

    Ah, the adventure.

    You're in my prayers, friend.

    ReplyDelete