Thursday, August 11, 2011

hi again

First of all, do you remember Jerry Seinfeld's stand-up routine on moving? People don't get Seinfeld references in the way they used to (and should). This is iconic, and brilliant, and everyone old enough to read an IF blog should remember it. "I love the smell of cardboard in the morning!"

We have plenty of boxes now, by the way.

Not much to report. We got the termite inspection done (no living termites and prior damage was repaired), roofer comes out tomorrow to give an estimate for re-sealing the roof and probably claim that all sorts of other things need to be done too (which I will conclude is fraud and ignore, like I do with my car - I've never been wrong, BTW). As previously mentioned, the regular inspection is done.

Got all of the paperwork done for the loan - plus apparently my plan to lock in a low interest rate early before they climbed was not as ingenious as I thought. Because - the rates dropped. And the nice lender "floated" us down to the lower one! (Which is really low. I am impressed.) I believe the appraisal is also done. The bank ninnies (not our lender, the current owners' lender) still have some paperwork or other to do, but we are scheduled for closing on August 26th and they have been advised of this.

We reserved a moving van (at a good rate - I was surprised) for August 27th. My husband found some local guys to help us move stuff. (I would much prefer we do it ourselves and am willing to move every box myself if need be - we are renting a little hand-truck so I could totally do this - but my DH absolutely insists that we are never moving without hired help again. He is not as sporting as I think he should be.)

I also ordered wallpaper samples (almost a week ago - why haven't they come?!) and I've started picking out paint chips at the big orange store. I haven't bought sample paint cans yet because we'd just have to move them, but they're only $3, which I thought was quite good. I also have to narrow down my color choices before I buy sample paint; but I show my husband sample chips and he acts like I'm trying to get him to read Sanskrit. So I will give him veto authority, and other than that, you guys are going to have to help me decide, OK? Also, I only got six or seven wallpaper samples (I probably needed more like 12) because they are EXPENSIVE. It was $42 for just the ones I ordered! Annoying wallpaper people. The other site from which I want to get wallpaper doesn't even offer samples. I need to call and harass those people.

I have worked on restraining my furniture-shopping ways since we found out this was actually going through. Every night I come home from work and pack a few boxes and it seems like there's more left to pack than there was before. (And it's also a problem that there are so many things I won't pack because "we'll need them" - toiletries, pens and pencils, ALL my summer clothes, baking ingredients, spices, pots, pans, and most of the baking dishes - and we're moving in 16 days [!!!] and I just need to reserve the bare essentials and pack it all already.) So even the amount of furniture we have (which is sort of a lot) is daunting. And with boxes everywhere there's no floor space left. I need to be patient. It's difficult.

I'm also being sort of good about IF stuff - I haven't taken my temperature in months (possibly in all of 2011?) but whatever. I started my HCG shots on time this cycle (last cycle I couldn't pinpoint peak day and gave up), so after this I want to do them for four more cycles - six total. I'm months overdue getting my blood drawn but the lab is open Saturday (p+7) so that will be good. I suspect I need more thyroid - I feel more tired than I should, and diet and exercise don't really do much to my weight. All summer I have been trying to fit into a cute summer suit. Sigh.

And I need to get off my seriously obsessive What Not to Wear marathon on youtube. If I didn't watch...well, several...episodes a night, I would get a lot more boxes packed.

8 comments:

  1. I am so excited you are finally closing! But I'm excited for selfish reasons too-because I want to see pictures of the home and your wallpaper options and your paint transformations and...all of it! Good luck with the move and with all the fun decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the rest of the moving process! Sounds like you are well on your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, packing is never fun anyways ... keep watching (multi-tasking) while watching TV! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with moving! It's exciting how close it is1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with moving- you finally made it to this moment- YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the house! Isn't it great to buy when the market is at bottoming out and interest rates are so crazy-low! You are a genius!! I can't wait to here more about the wallpapper. Do you also know how to install it?

    Please post pictures of all the samples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Packing is the worst! Can't wait to see your decorating at the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on your house! who knew when we bought 2 years ago that the market would still be so low...

    ReplyDelete