Friday, August 5, 2011

...and

At around 10:30 last night, we heard from our realtor that the bank and investor approved our offer - or, more accurately, our attempt to paraphrase the bank's counteroffer (which it refused to make in writing, forcing us to do our best job of drafting on the bank's behalf. Weirdos). Of course, I haven't heard anything from the seller's realtor yet today (she and I are in regular contact), so I'm starting to worry that our realtor hallucinated it.

Assuming our realtor still dwells in reality, this means we just need to finish up the appraisal (which is already underway), get a termite inspection (scheduled for Monday - apparently we don't have to be there), and get a roofer out to take a look at the roof.

Oh, and move. Today I will be reserving a moving van, getting a bunch of boxes from a friend who just moved, and, ah, packing. I started packing last night, and after I'd gotten about 75% of the crystal, china, and linens into a tub and packed all my winter clothes, and my DH had packed several boxes of books, I sat down to make a list of all the categories of things that will need to be packed. It was almost two pages. Good grief. I thought I'd been downsizing these last few months (and in reality, that list would have been so much scarier if not for that), and I can't believe we own all that crap. I really need to get to work.

Of course, I could tell myself that I won't have to move again for a very long time, but for some reason I suspect that's not true. I do think I won't have to move lock, stock, and barrel again for a while, and might get to enjoy a permanent address for a good long time - but somehow I don't see being stationary in our future.

Anyway...thanks all of you for your kind words and well wishes. I am so delighted this insane short sale process is finally (mostly) over, and I am looking forward to having a space to decorate in real life! (And, yes, there will be pictures!)

10 comments:

  1. Praying your move goes smoothly and the loose ends get tied up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to say....pics please! Glad to hear that we're top of your priority list. :-P

    Hoping that there are no further delays, and that the packing goes smoothly.

    Big hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to the packing dilemma! We got a 26 ft truck and our stuff didn't fit. It made me feel so materialistic! I'm already starting a box of giveaway/throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so good to read about your soon-to-be moving status and that you're almost through with the approval on the house. I'm excited for your decorating photos. They're some of my favorite pics on the internet.
    I hope you get a reprieve with non-pregnant friends here soon. It is tough watching them celebrate a new life while wanting your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray!!!!!!!!!1 I'm over the moon delighted for you. Let the crazy decorating commence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! This is wonderful news! So happy you're going to be getting your house and I can't wait to see what it looks like :). I'm so interested to see your room-by-room plans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank the Lord that you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Can't wait til you get your keys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yey house! yey packing (umm, well that's a part of the house)! thrilled silly and waiting for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news! Good luck on the move!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wahoo! I so admire your eye for design. I can't wait to see pictures and see what you do with the place -- please post!

    -A from inallthingsgood

    ReplyDelete