Thursday, January 6, 2011

RAAAAAHHH!

This is the sound of me conquering the vexatious trivialities with which life persecutes me to take time and energy away from my efforts to address that which is essential. (Such as baking cookies, for example.)

Today I finally got a chance to head over and pick up my re-issued passport. When they issued it in September (in exchange for a colossal amount of money, which I paid not because it would expire before I returned from our October trip [to Canada], nor because it would be within six months of expiring when I returned, but because it would be within three days of being within six months of expiring, and I figured I would be detained for that), they randomly added an extra letter to my first name. You'll have to trust me here - it didn't need another letter. And certainly not a (consecutive) consonant. It has lots.

So last week I turned it back in and they agreed to fix it (for free). I lose one visa stamp (er, to Canada), which is sad, but as of this afternoon, I have all my travel documents, with correct first, middle, and last names, date of birth, date of issuance, expiration date, location of birth...I am set to visit the siblings in Poland in February! Nothing can stop me (except flight cancellations at Heathrow, which will not happen).

RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

10 comments:

  1. When were you up here?? The next time you're in the Great White North you've gotta visit me!

    So glad that all your documents are in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH HOW FUN!!! I hate the ordeal you have to go through with those passport people!!! UGH! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear about this...

    Wait, so are you Polish, or does your family just live there now?? When I lived in Ireland, I worked at a cafe with all Polish girls. I LOVED THEM!!! They had the cutest darn accents and they taught me all sorts of Polish words:) Who knows, they could have been teasing me about meanings but I didn't know! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I am so excited for you about your trip!! You will have such a wonderful time with your brother and sister.

    I need to get my passport updated but the only stamp I have in it is when Hubby & I went to Italy for our honeymoon - my first and only out of country trip. I just can't stand the thought of giving it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for your trip! I was only in Poland for a few days, but it was so memorable to me. I was hopeless with the language, though. Typically I learn a few phrases so I can be polite, but I still couldn't even say yes or please after 3 days of trying. I know you will have a fantastic time and I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the previous passport issues! Awesome about your upcoming trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got everything taken care of before your trip! When I went to Mexico in February, my passport was due to expire the day I left. Ha. I was so used to having a passport, I forgot those darn things expire.
    I have my old passport with all of it's stamps - Korea, UAE, Germany, Italy...maybe a couple more. I'm definitely hanging on to that - filing it away somewhere to bring out and reminisce over some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! I am getting excited for your trip to Poland! I like your blog titles - they are always so intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and I tried to answer your question - probably in a not so great way, but I tried. Thanks for asking it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Glad things are all set for your trip. I'm sure it will be tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That will be wonderful to visit relatives in Poland. Can't wait to hear all about it - congrats on getting your passport!

    ReplyDelete