Friday, December 3, 2010

God acts

I imagine many are familiar with Ceiling Cat:


and Basement Cat:


And some may even be familiar with the lol Bible translation. I've only read bits, but I particularly enjoy Genesis:

Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat made maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem.
Genesis 1:1. The Gospel of Luke and the nativity story are also available, but somehow the translation seems less...faithful to the language.

Anyway, on the bus home yesterday, I managed to apologize to God. (It's probably for the best that my fellow bus passengers cannot hear my musings.) I decided not to focus a lot on the things that have been upsetting me (lest I should just get angry again), but I genuinely felt contrite for my anger, and I thought I should pray for help in coming to peace with my situation; for the ability to be less angry; and for the ability to trust God. I have prayed for greater trust before (so I don't have any special "magic bullet" theory of coming up with a wise intention, assuming it is wise). But it seems like a good thing for me to be doing, so that's...better than the alternative.

I went to my book club. I wanted to get home by 10:30 at latest so I could make chocolate cheesecake for a delightful Christmas caroling party this evening. However, a friend I hadn't seen in a while, who also attends the book club, broke up a month ago with the boy she was sure she would marry (I rather thought so too, actually). She needed to explain the story to someone, and when I finally got in my car, I realized it was 1AM. Hmm. And that my phone was still off from the conference earlier in the day. Well...my husband was tired, and had planned to go to bed very early, so he probably wouldn't realize I was not yet home.

Nope...he had called five minutes previously. I called him back. Why was he awake? Well...he should probably wait until I get home to tell me, but...the ceiling fell in. (For the second time since we've lived here.)

For reasons I cannot explain (um, it was late?), we neglected to take a picture, and our landlords are fixing it today. But it looked remarkably like this (except about five feet by five feet):


Someone is trying to tell me something.

7 comments:

  1. omg!! Really that's all I can say... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek...that would freak me out completely..good thing the land lords are there pronto fixing it!

    I like the ceiling cat...btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee kitties :).
    You guys have the WORST luck with your rental property. My assistant had a hole in her ceiling last year for something like 2 weeks before her landlord would fix it. That would creeeeeeep me out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so I am not good with cats AT ALL and those pictures creeped me out! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so crazy and annoying! I'm glad they are getting it fixed quickly. No Ceiling Cat inside to make it better, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that first picture is absolutely hilarious and looks just like my fredbaby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doh! We own a rental property in another state and this makes me panic just a smidge about a leak our renters reported from an upstairs unit. Must. Fix. Leak!

    ReplyDelete