Thursday, November 4, 2010

Come to DC! Talk to people who can't have children!

OK everyone. I've emailed the DC-area bloggers I know of, but there may be people I'm missing whom YOU know. Do you have an infertile friend who doesn't really feel up to starting her own blog, but has expressed regret that she doesn't have the infertility support community that YOU have? And does she live in the DC area? I thought so. You should tell her to come meet us for coffee on Saturday (THIS Saturday) at 10AM. You just email me and I'll send you all the details.

Oh, what's that you say? You don't know any infertile women who live in the DC area, but you just so happen to be visiting the area yourself, this very weekend? What perfect timing. You come, too! Just email me and come join us for coffee.

Finally, to you, charming people, who have never read an infertility blog in your lives (and might never do so after this minute), but for some reason just today happened to be googling "DC area infertility support group," is today ever your lucky day! You just drop me an email (it's linked through my profile - click over on the right) and mark your calendar for Saturday at 10AM. And have coffee with a charming group of zany infertile women.

You know you want to. See you Saturday...

14 comments:

  1. how great! I wish I had had something like this! How wonderful of you to set it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be in advertising. I want to jump on a plane right now. A cup of coffee has never sounded so fun! I hope you have a great response and a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, DC is not in the plans for this weekend. However, do it again the second week in December and I'll be there with bells on...or jeans and a sweatshirt and maybe a cute hat. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww man. i'm not anywhere near DC :( my sister is though. too bad she's fertile. (well, for her, not really).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about the meeting all week and truly can't wait!! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. matchingmoonheads - TOO FUNNY. Maybe we could...? No, no, that sentence can't end with anything good.

    Also, would y'all believe that I just got an email from a not-yet-blogger who lives in my town and is in the IF boat and was told about our group by a blogger friend of hers out West??? I don't even know who passed the message along, but THANK YOU. I am delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome. I'll be thinking of you guys and praying for the spreading of friendship and support over coffee and pastries. (probably decaf and gluten free.)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, what a great idea!!!! Good for you for doing this. You are going to be a light in their lives:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! yeah, we can just stop there. especially since she got pregnant her first cycle off the pill and told me "So good news for you! We (meaning the girls in our family) are super fertile!" I was excited at the time but here I am still, wait for it...wait for it...yeah, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome about the email. I hope you're having fun this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw shucks, I would have loved to go, but I'm not zany, so not sure if I qualify.

    This is so great that you're doing this, please let us know how it went!
    matching, my sister got pg the 1st cycle off the pill, too! WTHeck?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I lived closer. I really really could use some good support lately. My doc said we have to wait now after the surgery to ttc again. I am so tired of this road, and would love to meet for coffee, but am stuck here in the deep south :( Hope you all enjoyed your meeting, and btw...my dear dear priest will be moving to DC next fall to study at the John Paul II institute to study Theology of the Body. We may be making a trip to visit him and will have to visit y'all too if we head that way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you had a good turnout for this. I know there are times I could use some girl bonding time! Too bad I don't live anywhere near the DC area. Dang!

    ReplyDelete