Tuesday, July 6, 2010

please pray

A friend of my husband's from undergrad was one of those textbook - or perhaps storybook - terminal alcoholics. For several years now it had been a source of wonderment to his friends that he was still living - while death from liver failure might not be expected for a few more years, any number of other fatalities from his epically dangerous lifestyle seemed to have missed him an incredible number of times. Perhaps this is needless to say, but he was one of the most profoundly unhappy human beings I have ever met. But he always had a personality larger than life, and legends of his adventures have already been told for years.

This afternoon he was found dead in his bed. Apparently he was detoxing at home - I had heard that could be very dangerous, but I did not realize just how serious. Please pray that God will have mercy on this unhappy soul.

15 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for him and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. I will definitely be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for his poor soul. How sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this. A young life wasted...is so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers are definitely coming his way...that poor soul. I've heard detoxing at home is not good...it's very hard on the body and there has to be careful monitoring. I guess it effects the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying (I've been having trouble commenting from the road recently - hopefully the technical problem will sort itself out.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's horrible. Poor man knew he had a problem and was trying to stop. I'll be praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So terribly sad, may God's Divine Mercy show forth for this man...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers are definitely being said. That is so tragic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so very sorry. Jesus, Divine Mercy, have mercy on his soul!

    ReplyDelete