Thursday, July 1, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS!!

So my gf - the one I mentioned before whose wedding I attended last summer, who got knocked up on schedule about six weeks later - emailed me and a couple of other girlfriends to let us know the bouncing baby boy was born yesterday.

Specifically, she said, "He was eight pounds ten ounces and came out after a beautiful natural, non medicated labor of six hours."

B!tch.

Wait, did I say that out loud? Oh, whew! I totally thought I said that out loud. That was a close one.

No inner monologue sound bite


I'm sparing you the picture - aren't I sweet? I haven't written back yet with the subject line of this post as the entire email. But I am so - so - tempted to ask for more detail. "No medication? Really? What about tearing? Can you share any information on that?"

13 comments:

  1. OUCH. (For you, not her. SHE deserves it).

    BIG hugs.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have a plan.

    I can find this woman and kick her in the shin. Then you can find my maid of honour and do the same for me.

    Infertile b*tch!

    (Sorry, just got back from a baby-filled party and I couldn't drink since I was the designated driver AND I'm sick with a summer cold. I'm in a horrible mood.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Yes, please do elaborate on any tearing and intense pain you may have experienced! How about breastfeeding; have you developed any infections? Please keep me apprised and I'll keep you up to date on my cervical mucous and all the sex I get to have with my husband!

    ...

    Sorry some people are oblivious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people have all the luck... or maybe just the one that counts more

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny! I felt that kick in the gut with you. Yikes! People do lose themselves in the moment and don't consider other around them, huh?

    In a few weeks...brag about how you can sleep in on the weekends and leave the house on the spur of the moment and not have to worry about carrying a bouncing baby boy around (or mind anyone elses schedule). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 weeks later...wow. I know it happens all the time, but every time I hear another story about a "honeymoon baby" it just drives a spike into my heart. What I wouldn't give for the ability to reproduce at will...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Complicated Life's questions for her. Sorry you have to deal with someone so insensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sucks! so sorry, I hate when people are like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd vote for combining ComplicatedLIfe and Prayerfrul Journey's responses.

    I'm sorry this landed on you. What really bugs me - well, in addition to the "happy for you, but sad for me" reaction that is most common in my heart for these announcements - is when it just happens. on. scheduled. Like, planned. I mean, it actually works out for people that way. I have a hard time with that, even for people I love dearly who are sensitive and wonderful. (let alone those who aren't!)

    ReplyDelete