Wednesday, June 23, 2010

erratum: the bronze age

I just received this email from the "patient care supervisor" at Tepeyac and thought it was worth sharing (since I know there are other Tepeyac patients or former patients in the blogging community). I had never been told that I could send questions for the docs to the info@ address - I just tried it in a fit of desperation. So, it's good to know for future reference. Here ya go:
I wanted to take a minute to reply to your most recent email. First of all, I wanted to let you know that we did receive your email dated June 15, 2010. It was printed and was placed with your patient chart on Dr. Cvetkovich’s desk that day. Your chart with your email is still on her desk awaiting her response. I have now printed your latest email and attached it as well. I apologize for the delay in a response, as soon as Dr. Cvetkovich provides me answers to your questions; I will forward the information on to you.

I also wanted to address the issue of emailing. The most efficient way to communicate via email is through the
info@tepeyacfamilycenter.com address. This address is checked constantly through each business day and emails for the doctors are printed daily. All communication between doctors, nurses and patients must be documented in your patient chart. Therefore when you generate an email to us, we print it, pull your patient chart and place both together on the appropriate doctor’s desk. To be honest the doctors are not the best at reading and responding to emails sent directly to their personal account and therefore emailing a doctor directly is not a viable option. I hope that I have adequately explained our office’s email policy to you. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me. I am in the office Tuesday through Friday.

5 comments:

  1. "the doctors are not the best at reading and responding..."
    Haha, no kidding. At least they have a procedure they follow - too bad it doesn't ensure that the doctor will actually GET BACK to you in a timely manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how environmentally friendly to print every e-mail! I am imagining their desks piles with papers...

    I meant to comment on your last post...I had several Femara cycles in 2005 and felt that my side effects were very similar to the Clomid in terms of physical things (sore breasts, nausea) but less on the emotional side. It's odd to me that my doc would prescribe it in 2005 and yours is still clueless, unless there is new research out there in the meantime that shows it isn't effective, which it doesn't sound like is the case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. passive aggressive (grumble grumble grumble) That " I hope that I have adequately explained our office’s email policy to you," needed to be followed by "and I apologize that we neglected to do it earlier".
    With oodles of studies showing how inefficient office visit communication is, there really is no excuse for not having email communication these days. (Well, there is - there is no way to filter the crazies, who write when they shouldn't. I've seen that at my clinic. But there should be some way to relay information concisely without having to go in to the office.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well ain't that interesting.
    At least you got some response, though delayed and no real answers yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I glad you got a response, even though they haven't actually answered your questions yet.

    ReplyDelete