Thursday, April 29, 2010

I know. I KNOW.

I know I said I was going to start taking my temperatures. And I was. I wasn't going to start on CD1, because I was already annoyed, and I was already spending my time doing something far more important and cycle-related (shopping. What, they didn't teach you that in your CrMS-or-whatever-it's-called classes? Suckers!), and anyway, it's not like I've never taken BBTs before. I could start in any time in the first 10 days (maybe 14) and catch the upswing. All I've got to do is take it at the same time of the morning I'm accustomed to taking it. This is not rocket science.

Yeah.

So on CD7 I had slippery...also on CD8 and CD9 (or was that CD8, 9, and 10? Sheesh, I wrote this down, and it's still confusing me). I was sort of in denial, because, hey, my DH comes back (today!!) on CD12, which (when I started the cycle) I was convinced was perfect timing. And I'm just not going to accept the idea that peak day is going to be almost a week early (even though WTH is it I think peak day means for me anyway? High temperatures. Yeah, I guess the concept still means something, but nothing that's affected by his presence or absence), so I didn't start taking temperatures then either. And I could start taking them now, but what do I have to compare them to? A spike would be kinda indiscernible at this point, so...so, yeah.

Of course, as many have commented before me, IF teaches you so many things about life, including giving you a second sight into aspects of the world around you you could not previously see. Through my IF eyes, for example, I can see that Katy Perry is a sage. (Look very deeply.)

She has a keen, almost spiritual insight into the IFer's cycle chart, captured poignantly in a subtle ballad that seizes upon the very essence of the charting experience. So this goes out to you, BBTs (the ones I didn't take, the ones I've theorized about in the event that I had taken them, the ones I've taken in the past that clearly didn't do me a darn bit of good, and the ones that I may even some day start taking again in the future), and, in fact, to the completely insane and severely annoying data that continues to occupy my charts in general:



I think that says it all.

12 comments:

  1. All I have to say is you are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny...I will never hear that song in the same way again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Maybe just maybe, you'll get a surprise despite your BBT woes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to work out to that K.P. song! I never thought about it relating to my cycle and charting? Hmmm...that is a new and interesting insight...original to say the least. You'll eventually get the hang of it all. For the last five months or so...my cyles are like clockwork..it's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the reference to the song. So true with temps, you never know what you may get. Don't beat yourself up about it, but do dust off the thermometer. Oh, when did you change your profile to reference trolls?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll never think of that song the same way again (in a good way)!

    I think it's crazy that cycles can vary so much from one month to the next...doesn't make things easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! I too will never think of that song the same way again. :)
    Don't beat yourself up about the temps. I know you'll get to it. I keep telling myself I'll start back up. I did it for 3years, and just got so frusterated with it, that I havn't done it in 2 years. I just finally got a new thermometer last night, and I forgot to take my temps this morning! Ahh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have nothing profound to say about charting because I wasn't at it long.

    But I do love the new header photo :)
    hedwig

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, loved listening to that song in ref. to bbt's! So funny :).
    I would say it's not too late to take temps, because if you have higher ones from here on out ('til cd1), you'll at least have confirmed a minimum LP length (as in it was as least as long as you took temps). I've always just taken temps every day through the cycle, just out of habit (for 7 years now, I wake up at 6:30 even if my alarm doesn't go off!). I will waive the temp taking if I'm on my period and don't want to be bothered, or if I'm traveling or haven't gotten enough sleep for it to be accurate, but I would say I only miss a couple a month, max. I'm not saying that to brag, just to say that if you want to take temps, just do it until it becomes a habit.
    Cool new header pic, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a weirdo, and I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. misfit, where are you? I miss you.

    ReplyDelete