Saturday, February 27, 2010

So my dh and I talked. He is concerned about the repairs to the house, and has standing concerns about the market (with which I completely disagree) and his current contract is up in November, which means he could be out of work thereafter, or working someplace entirely different. Plus there were other misgivings on the list. Oh, yeah, he doesn't like the facade. I have an answer for all of them...but that's too many things. I give up.

I haven't told the realtors yet and don't really know how to. They're still looking into the historic utility bills question, which has apparently proved to be a real pain in the neck. So I feel bad, and sort of psychologically paralyzed.

I think I've decided that I am going to wait for another house in "my" town to come up for sale. One with no water in the basement, and probably a porch that my dh will like. I cried. I will probably cry more. I'm no longer sure whether we're shooting for that $8k tax break. I would really have liked to have that. I feel very much at a loss. But I don't want to be in the position of badgering my husband into buying a house he has real concerns about.

So what I need right now is for my husband to get a permanent job offer, preferably in Maryland. And then for another house in my town to come up for sale. In that order. And, ideally, as soon as possible. I know it's Lent, and everyone's prayer schedule is booked for the next six weeks. And I know this ranks very low on the list of prayer priorities. But if anyone could spare just one little prayer, maybe to St. Joseph, that all these things line up...I would be very grateful.

I know I've been poor about commenting lately and I will get better. But I have to warn you that there may not be house pictures again for a while. It's just too sad.

17 comments:

  1. I imagine you must be terribly disappointed. At least you know badgering dh isn't the answer, will only make it worse. You have every right to cry. I have a feeling there will be a house that both of you love soon. I am not doing advent prayer buddies-I am overwhelmed with family drama-but I will add your intentions to my nightly prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that it didn't work out. I truly am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry, I will keep your special intentions in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *great big hugs* I know what it's like to not get the house of your dreams, even though it's under your nose. And what it's like to face such uncertainties. But I also know what it's like to get a house that has things I didn't even know I wanted, and and what it's like to be drawn near to God during these uncertainties. I will pray things get better for you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. St Joseph is the bomb! I have this amazing little book of prayers to St. Joseph that I read daily, I will def add you to the list! I can't tell you how many prayers have been answerd from him, especially about work and home related things..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a disappointment! I tend to be a worry wart, so I definitely understand where your husband is coming from - but what a bummer. You learned quite a bit in the process, and quite a bit of it is transferable, no? There are still lots of ways that this can turn out of for the best (and soon! :) don't get discouraged) - will pray

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry Misfit.

    I know that there will be a house for you (and for me, but that's a post on my own blog!) that you will love. Perhaps all of the indecision and worry was a sign that it wasn't the perfect house for you?

    I'll say a prayer for you at mass, I'm sure St. Joseph won't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry. I hope an even more perfect house crosses your path at just the right time in the future (hug).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well...at least your dh was open and honest. You don't want to buy a house that only one is happy in...both of you have to agree and love it! And I do agree...a permanent job is a good idea before making an investment like buying a house...you don't need any "rugs" pulled out from under you when you've made a huge purchase like that! Hoping you feel "happy" again...and will find that "perfect" house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. will def. pray to St. Joseph! So sorry this one is not going to work out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Misfit, I prayed for you this morning and pleaded with St. Joseph to help you guys out! I am so sorry for this seemingly closing of a door. I will continue to pray for you guys. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry about the house and that it took me so long to respond. I read immediately and just knew how heartbroken you were. It does not help now, but once you buy *your* house, you’ll be so happy at how things worked out. We were outbid on a couple of houses in the beginning (our first house) and did not agree on a few. We ended up being so happy with how things worked out. Still, I’m not diminishing your disappointment. I know how real it is.

    And . . . certainly there is no need to do house pictures, but you can always do your craigslist stuff. I’m so envious of your CL and have thought about sending you money to do my accessory shopping. I love your taste.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will pray for you through St. Joseph's intercession! He has been my go-to saint lately. I will be starting a novena to him leading up to his feast day (3/19.) I'll post it on my blog if you want to join me in prayer.

    Somehow, someway... God's will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sad to read this. Ditto what Ann said, though, please keep up the CL. You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll pray more generally that your heart will be filled with joy soon. Cool? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry for the disappointment. Prayer sent up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry :(. I'm hoping that there is another, more fantastic house right around the corner for you!

    ReplyDelete