...but it's CD16, and peak is supposed to be CD14 on the tamoxifen (I believe), so it looks like NEVER. 'Cause I should've had the fertile CM starting on CD12 at latest, right? Oh, screw that. YET ANOTHER month in which I can't do my p+7 draw. Unless I want to assume that it's CD21? Does that sound rational? Anybody?
Also, my scale is plotting against me. For days, though I ate mostly Cheerios and ran three miles a day, the number stayed the same. Then for two days, I got no exercise and ate way too much party food (mostly Brie, which is good for you, right???). The first day I dropped 1.6 pounds; the second day, another pound. How likely is it that the scale is just totally inaccurate? It's digital, brand new, and I just got it from Target. Do they have demons programming their scales? Am I losing my mind? (Don't answer that.)
A friend is throwing a third birthday party on Wednesday. It starts at 5. Earliest I could get there is 8. That's a good reason not to go, right? I mean, it could be fine, or I could accidentally strangle someone. You just never know.
Last week, I finished my phone calls comparing mortgage rates between lenders. (I compared USAA, Bank of America, and two lenders recommended by our realtors.) Ended up with a clear winner. So then I did all the numbers for the different mortgage products from that lender in a spreadsheet - up-front cost differences, monthly cost differences, first-year tax deductions, and continuing deductions. Some options were eliminated early and obviously this way that I couldn't previously tell were uncompetitive. (Thank you, spreadsheet.) The others were just tradeoffs. I marked the ones I preferred and waited for my husband to get home. He preferred...completely different ones. Hmm. Well, I'm OK with his preferences.
Today I was supposed to call and get pre-approved, but I chickened out. It's not expensive or difficult, but it was such a big step! I'm weak. However, tomorrow I will be good and make the call. After we get pre-approved, our friends with the home improvement experience are going to come and visit the house with us (on February 6). And then we're going to put our heads together and decide whether we're willing to make an offer. (We've already figured out what the offer will be.) Long as we've dragged this out, we have accomplished some things. I mean, we have the house picked out. We're eligible for a mortgage in the amount we'd need. I just checked, and we need to give 45 days' notice under our lease in order to vacate early (March 31 at earliest). We were told we could get a lower price with a shorter closing period - such as 45 days, rather than 60. I think we could have an offer in by 45 days before the 31st. This could actually happen. Or not...who knows. (If we do buy, it will be so anticlimactic for those who've read my blog. How many houses have I considered "mine" by now?)
You can all discern the unifying theme in this post, right? Lateness! And I was supposed to be in bed 45 minutes ago. Tootles!