Thursday, October 15, 2009

thyroid update

Pray, hope, don't worry, who is amazing and awesome, emailed me with a suggestion for a natural thyroid preparation that is actually available even during the current run on Armour and Naturthroid (can't ask me for details 'cause I just told you all I know). They're on back-order, I guess. Anyway, Dr. L obligingly mailed me a prescription. She said she doesn't recommend patients get drugs from Canada (it sounds sketchy-ish to me, but the only way I can get it is over the internet - I wonder whether my insurance covers that???), but I may fill it if I like. That was nice of her.

So now the question is - input? Good idea/bad idea???

Also, my sister just arrived - she is visiting for several days to supervise me and, no doubt, shame my housework (I did do the dishes, laundry, and some bathroom cleaning yesterday! But today I have been a total lump. Not enough sleep, I think).

Also, I have been a poor commenter - slightly braindead - but I have been reading. Will do better.

11 comments:

  1. just read through a few of your latest posts. I will up my prayers for you as you heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea, but please share all you learn. Part of my thyroid is gone and despite normal levels, I can't help but wonder if it's part of my problem.

    Lump away! After all you've been through, holding down the couch should be your top priority.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's your house: you do with it as you like. I used to develop an anal streak when I knew family would be coming over. I still make sure it's presentatble, but I don't care so much any more.

    I understand your doctor's reservations about ordering prescriptions online from Canada. Just do a little research to see what you can learn about the site. If it seems legit, go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that the new thyroid medication works. If your dr. is ok with you taking it, I would be comfortable with it. Getting it from Canada is better than Mexico. I hope your healing goes well. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. umm, you just had surgery. I don't think you should be doing ANY housework!
    I think Canadian drugs sound great, but I don't have any experience doing that type of medication-ordering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I missed your surgery, but read it, just never commented. I guess I was confused as I was reading it. :) Really if black and white weren't clear enough.

    But what stage was your endo? And why would Dr. L suggest to take out your fallopian tubes. That makes no sense to me?? Would she suggest that everyone who has ever had endo remove their reproductive organs, or was it just your scenario? :)

    I'm so JEALOUS you were up and cleaning just a few days after surgery! You girls got it easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. no advice, but if you try it i hope it works.

    hope you're recovering well from surgery - take it easy on the housework!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the biggest problem with getting stuff from Canada was issues with proper storage, temps, etc for certain meds that might end up damaged en route. For something as old school as Armour, I'd say give it a whirl. There's got to be a reputable mail order pharmacy up north, just as there are decent ones here in the States...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and speedy recovery! Rest as much as you can, housework be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm of no help on the thyroid meds either, but interested to see how it goes with you if you try it.

    on another note, my husband and i went to have the "oldest bbq" and they had an old stove/oven that totally reminded me of you. sure, they were using it as decor to hold the napkins and plastic utensils, but nonetheless, i had to take a pic for you... i'll have to post it or send it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In answer to your question, I'll be dressing up as a big fat pregnant lady. I figured it'll be apropos, no matter what the results (since you're supposed to dress us as something other than yourself for H'weem).

    ReplyDelete