Whereupon my brain (somewhat taxed from lack of sleep, but not alcohol) tries to do the math. I have had spotting blend right into my fertile phase before - strikes me as sort of defective, so I'm not a fan, but it does happen. Hasn't happened the past few cycles, so I was hoping it had stopped, but I haven't made any real improvements that would mean a permanent change, so it could happen again, I guess.
I was told by my RE that I would faithfully ovulate 7 days after the last day I took tamoxifen. (Or did she say 7-10? Does somebody else know? Anyway, at least 7, I think.) That would be next Friday, June 12 (since I finished the tamoxifen yesterday! Yay!). (Or later if 10 days.) I usually have 3 days of slippery and sometimes 4. I can see how with the B6 I've been so good about taking (and perhaps the tamoxifen has an effect?) I might have, I don't know, 5. But my brain slowly comes to the realization that there are some arithmetic problems here. So these questions are for you, CM:
- If I ovulate seven days after finishing the tamoxifen, that doesn't mean I'll ovulate later with respect to my peak day than usual, right? I mean, if my peak day is usually about 1-2 days before ovulation, it still will be - right?
- Assuming I ovulate about the normal time with respect to the CM, ARE YOU SERIOUSLY SUGGESTING I COULD HAVE AS MANY AS SEVEN DAYS OF FERTILE CM? Because if so, I don't believe you. Nobody has that much. Certainly not me.
- Ovulating June 12 would be slightly later than I usually do. But I've only had spotting blend into fertile CM on cycles where I ovulated early. WTH?
- When should I start having sex? And how often? Because we're looking at potentially seven or eight days, and I don't know if we're up to that.
- I have to cancel the SA next Friday, don't I? Why didn't I realize that that just wouldn't work because you can't have an SA during sex week? What is wrong with my BRAIN?
- Late-added question: so when I woke up this morning, I had NO CM. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN TO ME - other than the last two cycles with the HSG and SHG problems, but we're not going to talk about those. Once I have CM in spades, it stays put - all day, for several consecutive days, and then goes away completely. JUST LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO. SO WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME NOW?
- So I didn't have sex with my husband today, and I have a friend coming over anyway. WHEN DO I HAVE SEX? Geez.
I await your response.
Confused in the Cervix