Monday, May 25, 2009

drugs

In my drawer now sleep happily five days' worth of tamoxifen pills. In my basket of bathroom things is a bottle of B6 (bonus: it was on sale). I think I'm about five days from the end of my cycle. This is totally the JV version of IF drugs, but sort of a watershed for me, all at the same time. I'm mostly blase, but a little nervous, a little excited, a little trepidatious.

And, I'm definitely PMSy. I can feel a tight, un-unwindable knot of being difficult in the pit of my stomach. And even though I know just what it is, I have no intention of not being difficult. I want to take a nap, be hostile to others, maybe go somewhere and cry, or maybe have my husband all to myself. Not be flexible and pleasant. This is just how I'm going to be.

My friend who has the returning endo apparently got some really bad news at PPVI, but I heard the "details" from my husband, who heard them from her husband's cousin. Who is a confirmed bachelor. Needless to say, it's not clear to me what the actual problem is - something about her ovaries? (I know.) She was in Nebraska for a week. Please pray for her - apparently she's taken it kind of hard. I mean, obviously.

And, please pray for LIM and her family.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck, good luck, good luck!

    Sorry for your friend, thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGH PMS!!!

    you need some chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped over at LIM: beyond tragic. Thanks for posting that note - we all need to support each other through these things, for sure.

    Hope the tamoxifen are resting comfortably, but that they wake up and do their job when required!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does not sound like good news about your friend...afterall...I have the impression that PPVI is the place to go when all else fails. I will remember her in my prayers. And yes...we need to pray for LIM too. Gosh...I was shocked she could post her story. She has a strength that is admirable. I can see God in her life. I was taking the B6 but they started to bother my stomach so I've taken a break. They worked for CM so I may have to go back on them. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm.. Tamoxifen. Do we go to the same practice by any chance? I know Tamoxifen isn't prescribed all that often, actually me and Jeremiah 29:11 are the only ones who I've ever heard talk about it and we go to the same place.

    I hope you have better luck with it than I've had!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about a nice glass of wine, too, before all the chemical fun starts?

    Or a nice bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the PMS! I'll say a prayer for your friend, Endo can be a B!+@#!

    ReplyDelete