(By the way, a post on the kitchen is coming. Also, we're going to go see the house in the daylight on Thursday morning. This could actually happen!)
Oh also, you need to read this. OK, so here goes:
(1) At least once a week, I'm going to walk to morning Mass in English (7AM, 1.09 miles from my house). I hope to work that up to daily eventually.
(2) I'm not going to stay up past 1AM on a work night ever, and I will try to be in bed by 11:30.
(3) At least once a month, I will make an hour of Adoration. I hope to work that up to weekly.
(4) Every day I will say at least one very brief prayer to my saint for 2010, who is Catherine Laboure. I've never known much about her, so this will be a good opportunity to learn. (Apparently I have been very unfair the blogger who kindly drew saints of the year, as several commenters, more diligent than I, have explained. I should have known that I would be the one who screwed up.)
(5) I will give up on getting Fr. Paul to call me back about a spiritual director. I will contact a different pastor, by email, and ask where to get a spiritual director. If that doesn't bear fruit, I will give up entirely.
(6) I will go on a retreat with my husband in the first half of the year.
(7) I will eat more protein, cut way down on workplace candy, and stop bingeing on food. I will be conscientious about discerning what foods mess up my stomach, and I won't eat them.
(7.5) I will drink a lot more water.
(8) I will go to the gym three days every work week. I will increase my weights and times. At least once a week, I'll run three miles on the treadmill.
(9) I will run at least one 5k and one 10k with my husband.
(10) I will get all my dental work done in 2010. And I will have a doctor look at the rest of my moles and do any biopsies before the new health care bill goes into effect.
(11) I will find someplace in the area to do some sort of charity work for the poor or needy, at least once a month.
(12) I will read a non-law-related book for fun at least once a month.
(13) I will pack my lunch for work. If I fail to pack my lunch, I will not eat lunch.
I may have to come back and edit this with things I left off.
I'm also going to do something else, which I think will really help. I have a constant sense of apathy and failure about my life. I know that with projects, studying, whatever I've had to do, I am motivated by accomplishment - if I see I'm doing well, I work harder and feel better. So I'm going to make a big poster with blocks for each week. I'll designate star or smiley-face stickers for each goal that's periodic, and I'll mark the weeks and months in which I've accomplished them. Maybe I'll even find a way to do a virtual version of this, too.
P.S. I'm going to do a year retrospective, but I'm going to wait a few more days until my year blogoversary on January 2!